Sunday, September 1, 2013

Mastectomy: Day 4


Today is my fifth day since surgery. Im feeling pretty good. The mornings are always hard when I first wake up. I sometimes wake up in a cold/hot sweat or I have a bad headache from laying in the same position on my back. Looking back on the last few days it hasn't been too bad. I of course had some bad moments and sometimes were easier then others but overall it hasn't been too bad. My parents have helped so much by keeping me company and making me food and keeping track of my medicines.

Today I was feeling pretty good, but my hair felt gross. It has been almost a week since I took a shower and I started to feel yucky. My mom helped me take a sponge/baby wipe bath and after she drove me to a hair salon close to our house and I got my hair shampooed,conditioned and blowed dryer. It felt amazing! Its so easy then trying to do it yourself or have someone you know try and do it for you, because at the hair salon they have the chairs you can sit back in so your bandages don't get wet. I def feel better after and it was a nice little outing of the house. 

Ive been trying really hard to write blogs/youtube videos. Seems like during the day all I do is sleep, watch tv, or I'm online editing. Im soooo excited that I finally have a video posted on my youtube page (i never thought my first video would be about my mastectomy) haha but I'm glad I get to share my experience. I have some beauty videos I want to film in the next few days. I can't wait until I can get these drains out. They are uncomfortable and annoying when you start to feel a little better because they are noticeable. I have a couple of doctors appt. this week so hopefully I will be able to get at least one out (I think I'm gonna have to wait another week tho)

I will be filming a (informational) Jackson Pratt Drain Video tomorrow and also a Holy Grail Beauty Product video and will try to have them up in the next few days. Hope everyone has a great month of September!!! 

Lots of Love, Julie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment